Welcome to the Town of Saltcoats
Saltcoats is a growing community. It has several locally owned businesses, active community organizations, a K-8 school, preschool, daycare, and a variety of cultural and recreational facilities. Saltcoats is located 27 km from the City of Yorkton. Due to the picturesque setting of Anderson Lake, Saltcoats has earned the title of "The Laketown".
Public Information Meeting
The information packet is now avaiblabe for the public. It includes results of the 2021 community survey and other remarks. To view the information packet, click here or come into the Town Office and pick up a copy.
Utility receipts will no longer be mailed out to residents. If you would like to receive your utility receipts, we will be more than happy to email them to you or you can come to the Town Office and pick them up. If you have any questions, please contact the Town Office.
Notices by E-mail
The Town of Saltcoats is offering residents the opportunity to receive specific municipal notices as attachments in an e-mail rather than by regular mail. There is a consent form that has to be filled out before receiving e-mails. Click here to view the consent form. If you are interested, please contact the Town Office.
All About Composting
- Composting in 60 seconds video series -- these videos offer concise information on various aspects of composting, including choosing a bin, using finished compost, composting in winter, trench composting, vermicomposting and bokashi composting
- Home Composting on the Prairies -- (22 minute video) in-depth on composting basics, tailored to prairie climates
- What's Your Composting Style? -- a short quiz that suggests composting options depending on the person's preferences and situation.
- Dishing the Dirt -- results of a year-long research project where volunteers tested 25 different types of home composting
- General Composting information -- many more resources on the composting section of our website
Matthewson and Co. Bursary Program
Matthewson & Co. would like to offer the opportunity for residents of Saltcoats to apply for their bursary program. They offer two bursaries of $500 each.
1. 2022 high school graduates, attending post-secondary in the fall of 2022.
2. "Non-traditional" students (individuals who graduated 3 or more years ago and are returning to/starting post-secondary) in the fall of 2022.
Deadline is June 16, 2022 @ 6pm. For more information about this program click here.
Go to Town Office-Employment Opportunities to check out the newest job openings for the Town of Saltcoats.
SaskEnergy Inspection of Natural Gas Lines
Inspection of the gas line system will take place in Saltcoats between April and May, 2022. For more information and frequently asked questions, click here.
Water Treatment Plant
To allow continued construction at the Water Treatment Plant, the Town of Saltcoats has turned over well #2 to the contractors for preparation of the new RO system. During this time, a limited amount of potable water can be produced and stored. The Town asks residents to use water sparingly during this time. This condition is expected to continue for a couple of months. The Town will keep residents advised.
Home Rentals and Sales
Are you looking to buy or rent a house in Saltcoats? Check out House Rentals and Sales under the Business/Community tab. If you have a house for sale or rent, let us know and we will be happy to put it on the website.
The survey summary is currently available at the Town of Saltcoats office.
If you prefer the digital copy,click here.
All About Recycling
Did you know that SARCAN accepts batteries and paint? And RONA along with London Drugs will take your old fluorescent bulbs? Now you do!
The Town of Saltcoats, also has a battery drop off in the town office if you are unable to access a SARCAN depot. This does not include vehicle batteries!
SARCAN does not accept anything in a black or non-see through bag in recycling bins. Due to not being able to see any potentially hazardous materials in the bags, they are thrown into the garbage and the town is charged a contamination fee.
Payments can also be made by cheque to:
Town of Saltcoats, PO Box 120, Saltcoats SK S0A 3R0.
Residents who bank with Cornerstone Credit Union can set up automatic payments. The town accepts e-transfers (email@example.com) for any payments to the Town.